2. Should children have to go to school that uses the official language?
(In Quebec, the children of all immigrants have to go to French school. In BC, we don't have a law like that. For example, many people go to French Immersion : they do all their schooling in French, even though they won't have to use French when they grow up.)

27 Comments:
I think that we should have the choice. You have the right to learn in english or in french if you want. Then, now, you just can't go to school in english if one of your parent is not an anglophone. But, at University and in cegep, a lot of book, in science, for example, are juste available in english. It's really contradictor. You have to learn in french all your life and after we say to you that you have to study in english, but with a big level at the start. Try to understand chemistry products in english, if you don't know the base of english... really hard!
Marilyne
11:21 AM
I think that people should have choice for the language at her school because the immigrant can preserve her language to. It`s important for her to understand the language of the country but it`s her choice and it`s not at the gouvernment to choice fort her.
Cath
11:21 AM
I agree with Catherine, we should have the choice to chose our first language. That's it. For a free country, start with a choice freedom!
Marilyne
11:23 AM
I agree with Maryline. I think it`s important to be abble to speak more than one language and when you go at french school you are not bilingual after that but at the cegep and University the book are in English
Cath
11:23 AM
The oficial language should be the principale learning language. But in quebec this law exist because there a chance that the french die out. In Bc if you dont speak english you cant be functional so the danger are not realy present.
Alex
11:23 AM
i think, like marilyne, that it's our choice to wanna learn in french or in english and i think that it didn't suppose to have a law for this because it's a personnal choice!!
LaYyYYyYyYylaAaAaAaA
11:23 AM
I don`t think the children have to go in a school where they uses the official language. I like the system of the BC school but I think that it`s really important to have a language who everybody talk because if we can understand each other what we will do???
So, I agree with you Girls !! :)
Melissa
11:24 AM
I m not realy agree Whith cath and marilyne. I think that if the person choose the language who thalk in school, the french langague will be stop (extinction!). If people have choice, in Quebec the will certainly choose the english because is more popular language.
marie-christine
11:26 AM
I agree with you ALex !
French will be die if we do nothing...
melissa
11:26 AM
Maybe after te high school you can chose witch language you want to learn, but not before.
Alex
11:27 AM
I think that when you talk about schools, and language, you have to answer this question :
If people in BC do most of their school in French, will they still learn English well?
Or in Quebec, if a francophone did most of their school in English, but still spoke French at home, would they still learn to speak and write well?
My opinion is that young children can learn two languages at the same time. I think the best time to learn a language is when you are young, so it would be good if everyone did an immersion program while they are young.
But in Quebec people are worried that children won't learn how to WRITE, because french grammar is so complicated.
I don't know - what do you think, Pirates?
Pablo
11:27 AM
I dont agree with Alex. I think it`s important to preserve the french language but it`s important for the other people to preserve her language to. I think it`s the choice for each people but in the all of school anyway her language it`s important to have french class sometime.
cath
11:27 AM
I agree whit you Marilyne and Cath. I think that everybody should have the choice of the language of the school, but I think that everybody have to learn french at school like we learn english in Quebec.
Anick
11:27 AM
I agree with you girls ! Because it is really a question of personnal choice. The only problem is to keep the frech language in Canada, but it is another issues. Plus, I thing that it is a great think to go at school in another language to keep their cultures, religion maybe and their {maternal} language, of course. Your {maternal} language is your identity and I think that you have to keep it all your life.
Syl
11:28 AM
I think it's a good think because now we are able to kepp our cultural!!! and I thnik for the culture is very important because that explain why we do this but no in a other matter. And in quebec, it is very important if you want to understand the other because almort of people speak just french ... not in montreal it is sure but in the village it is rarely to find a person who speak in english... I think it is for don't forget where we come from... and to keep our difference in the world...
Annie
11:29 AM
I m agree whith Alex, the case of Quebec is particular. In the other province, the people can survive if they dont talk in english...
Marie-Christine
11:29 AM
I agree with alex and marie-christine, I like my language and I think that the best way is the separation of the Canada!!!! I don't want to see the french die. But, I think that we should have the choice to go to school in the language that we want, but have to speak FRENCH in quebec, in shop, etc. These people should have to have some french class at this school. Or maybe, just add english class and let the french school!!!
Marilyne
11:29 AM
Quebec is the best country of the World!!!!!!
11:31 AM
I agree with you Marilyne that is true ... then do you think is it important to traduce the books for the frensh person ?
Annie
11:31 AM
I agree with the idea that all children have to learn French. If the immigrant people chose one country to live, they are choosing the language too.
Omar
11:32 AM
For answer you annie, yes I think. That's it that's all.
11:32 AM
I agree with Pablo. When you are young it`s the best time to learn an other language and it`s a good idea to go to school in English and after you learn French at the home and after few years the child are bilingual and it`s important to learn English now because where you are most people understant the English language.
cath
11:34 AM
Pablo, I m agree whith you when you say that the childrens can learn both langages in the same time, when they are young. The brain of the childrens is able to recive some information in the same time and do the dirrerence between two language. The childrens are able to talk in french everyday, and write correctly the french and in the same time learn english. I think that the good time for learn another language, its when you are a children.
Bye!
marie-christine
11:34 AM
i think that the immigrant can choose our language but we'll don't make modification about our language for these people.... if they want understand what we say of whatever...our language.... they have to talk our language because we don't traduce all in the language of each person !!
LayLaaaa
11:36 AM
I don’t agree with Pablo.
I think that there are many ways to learn a language, not only in the school.
I think if you want to learn a new language, you have to move.
Omar
11:42 AM
I don't agree with Marylin and about the idea to go to elementary school in which languages you want (english or french). (I mean in Quebec)
I don't agree with Layla. I think that's not a personnal choice too choose your school. That's your responsability to learn english if you need it for your career. You can learn english by different way, like in some camps, doing some immersion during one half year during elementary school, watching TV in english, and all you can!
Andreanne Lai
11:46 AM
I agree with Pablo, I think too about when you're young you can learn two languages in same times.
(continue to speak the language of your country at home and speak the more popular language of the province at school...)
Andreanne Lali
12:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home