A place for us to have a conversation.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Welcome to our blog.
For our first post, I want us to think of 3 THINGS THAT ARE DIFFERENT, here in Vancouver.
What did you notice on your first day here? What was interesting? Bizarre? Exciting?

When I moved to Québec, 3 things that I noticed were :

1. The buildings are all made of brick. For me, this is very beautiful.
2. People wear scarves all the time! (A scarf is the thing you wrap around your neck to keep warm.)
3. In the grocery stores, the vegetables are wrapped in plastic. This made me mad!

NOW, YOU ARE GOING TO DO THE SAME THING I JUST DID, BUT TALKING ABOUT VANCOUVER.

When I first came to Vancouver, 3 things I noticed were :

1.
2.
3.


Click on "COMMENT" to get started.
Good luck.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. When i'm in the plane and i see the big mountains with snow

2. The town is very big so all is fare

3. They are many house comparate to quebec because in quebec, it have many apartment.

Layla

11:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. They are some people of different cultures
2. They are some flowers in front of the house
3. They are some store like in Quebec province

marie-christine

11:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1- They have many flowers in front of house.
2- I really like to see the big mountains all around the city.
3- The sky train was impressionate.
4- It is a multicultural city.
5- In the grocery the fruits and vegetables are not in bags.
6- They have a lot of beaches approximatily of the town.

Anick and Annie

11:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I arrived to Vancouver,
I notice that Vancouver is not plat, There are beautiful mountanis.
I saw many kind of buses, the electrical ones, the longuers with acordion in the middle. Many of buses have a place to the bicycles en the front.
I saw may people with asian features.

11:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello group,

The first thing I see when I arrive in vancouver It's the beautiful mountain they are so big!
I see a lot of beach all around the city and the stanley park but the water are only at 62 degre so to bad to swimming. But there a big swimming heated pool just facing the pacific ocean.

Alexandre Cousineau

11:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I arrived to Vancouver,
I notice that Vancouver is not plat, There are beautiful mountanis.
I saw many kind of buses, the electrical ones, the longuers with acordion in the middle. Many of buses have a place to the bicycles en the front.
I saw may people with asian features.

Omar P.

11:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I arrived to Vancouver,
I notice that Vancouver is not plat, There are beautiful mountanis.
I saw many kind of buses, the electrical ones, the longuers with acordion in the middle. Many of buses have a place to the bicycles en the front.
I saw may people with asian features.

Omar P.

11:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I arrived to Vancouver,
I notice that Vancouver is not plat, There are beautiful mountanis.
I saw many kind of buses, the electrical ones, the longuers with acordion in the middle. Many of buses have a place to the bicycles en the front.
I saw may people with asian features.

Omar P.

11:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1-In Vancouver down-town, buildings are beautiful. In Quebec buildings are moste little and old.

2-In Vancouver, all streets are in the same direction and in Quebec these are in all directions.

3-In all of streets on Vancouver there are many big trees in each side.

4-There is most of different culture and food.

5-Vancouver is a big city but hereare many park and vegetation. It is a big difference that Quebec because in the big city in province of Quebec the park and vegetation it is so rarely.

Marilyne Laberge and Catherine Ruel

12:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, every Explore Student's and new friends!!!

I'm enjoying to be there, in Vancouver, with all of you to learn english...

First, I show you the first e-mail I wrote yesterday for my family and friends:

Hi everybody!

I'm in Vancouver to participate in a Explore Program to improve my english... I said it before to everyone I think... So, I send you some news about my immersion!!! I will be billingual, you know!

Since yesterday, I always talk in english for sure, but more, I think in english too... It is come naturally. But, for sure, by moment I forget my words and I search it... So, it's normal and I will improve my english when I will come back Quebec!

My host family is very nice, they are come from Philipines! I have 3 sisters younger than me (6, 9 and 16 years old) and I live too with an aunt (mother's sister) and Grand-ma! Then, if we count the parents and me we are 8 persons at home, it's very friendly. We live in a duplex, it's not very spacious, but they lend me my own room, so I can be alone by moments to relax if I need.

We are a large group of 70 students! So, today we had two tests to know in which group we will be. The responsibles of the program are so nice and happy! I love the climate, everybody talk to everybody, and some people have more difficulties than me in english, imagine!!! No, sincerely I think I'm better than I thought, because few people said it to me and I can say what I think all time... (!)

There are a lot of activities in the program. There are different clubs after school (end on 3pm) like sports club, arts and cultural club, yoga club, indian dancing club and more... I think I will to the sports club and the arts and culture club!

Have a nice day, or a good evening and see you (in the web world, by e-mail!)...

Andreanne (with the big english accent it's beautiful...)

That's the end of the e-mail...

I guess we will have fun everybody together and I think we are very good to speak all the time in english, because it's not very simple! For sure, to change our language suddenly, it's a big business and I'm proud of us to realize that! That's fantastic to live and to meet some people with an other language...! I enjoy it!

So,have a nice day everybody!

Andreanne Laliberte...
or call me just Andrew as my friends call me!

12:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first came to Vancouver, 3 things I noticed were :

1.There are a lot of cars and sounds outside, and in my city, it is the opposite.

2.People around me talk always in english or in chinese and it is very bizarre to hear these langages in my surrinding.

3.It is very interesting and exciting to see different cultures and I like muliculturalism, so I am enjoy to be here for that (and for another things of course :) )

Finaly, I am very happy to be here to pratice and learn more about the english langage. I hope that I will be better than now, because it is one of my dream. Vancouver is a beautiful city and very active ! It is a very big changment for me to be here, but it is a really good experience that you do just one time in your life, so I lucky !
Sylvie Coulombe

12:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1- The mountains are so beautiful !!:) Everybody have to see that in his life !

2- The people are very friendly and they seems always happy!

3- There are a lot of bulding but also nature, is not like Montreal...

Melissa

12:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I had a good think about the city but, when I arrived by planer in the morning, the first thing I have saw is the mega line up of cab . For me it's very weird because who I from the poeple travel by bicycle or something more slower then bike is walking. The buildings are so high and big and that scrared me because I can't imagine a plane hit one of the building like the september 11th. Everybody in this city lives a pretty fast life and this is very different of my little town. The mind of the Quebec poeple's is like less about the money than the people here. I love the multi-culturalisme here because I'm here to learn more about different religion's and culture's. My first day here was so exciting because it's the first time I leave my home. The thing I like the most in this experience is the fact I'm alone in a family who I don't a lot of informations and for me it's a great challenge. My fist goal is to learn English and probably I will reach my goal with succes. I'm very happy to sent my sheet for my registration to this programm and early the trip begin, my girlfriend said to me:I have the opportunity to live a great experience with you and i will. For me it's like a furt on my heart I was so happy and now, she lived 10 blocs of my host family.I'm very glad about my host family because they are so nice with me and plus, the mother would like to speak french and I will try to teach this difficult language.

Mathieu riverin

12:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that one controversial issue it's the budget, of the gouverment.
All people talk abot it, some people wants more aducational resources, others want more hospitals, others want not to pay so much, ....
Anyway, we can make a controversial discution about the Federal Budget or provintial budget in BC or in Quebec too.

Omar P.

11:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that one controversial issue is the budget, of the gouverment.
All people talk abot it, some people wants more educational resources, others want more hospitals, others want not to pay so much, ....
Anyway, we can make a controversial discution about the Federal Budget or provintial budget in BC or in QC too.

Omar P.

12:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm concern about environemental subject like how to make kyoto.
How to eliminate SUV, put additional tax on the sale price.

Harper and U.S dont whant do do effort to reduce her emmission of CO2.

The relegion in the school have not her place and all governement institut or organisation should be athes...

12:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home